Values and Ethos
‘Learn and Grow Together’
This is our vision for how staff and children will achieve high standards and continually improve in the academy.
- To develop confident learners who are able to work well, both independently and with others.
- For all staff to work openly and supportively with parents to build an effective learning community.
- To enable children to become engaged in decision-making and develop life skills to be active members of their communities.
- To provide exciting, relevant first-hand learning experiences where children have opportunities to push their own boundaries and embrace new challenges.
- To put children at the centre of learning experiences with more ownership of their learning.
- To have a consistent, inclusive and well thought-out approach to teaching and learning.
- To ensure that all children develop good basic skills (speaking, reading, writing, mathematics)
- To expect the best so that all children make good progress, through appropriate and challenging learning opportunities.
- To establish and maintain a safe, attractive, stimulating environment.
- To provide optimum learning conditions for all by using academy resources effectively to meet the needs of the children.