In the event of any further national or local lockdowns, or individuals needing to take time off school, we have the following guidance document in place:
www.ttrockstars.com – A fun way for children to improve their times tables.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk – Reading, Phonics and Spellings activities.
BBC Bitesize – Lots of free resources here with videos and quizzes, too.
Collections of resources
1. Tes resources – Everything from EYFS to key stage 5. All home learning packs have been made free on this link.
2. Twinkl – Get a month of free access using code CVDTWINKLHELPS
3. Twig and TigTag Education – Free resources for students aged 4-16.
4. Khan Academy – Free resources for children aged 2-18.
5. BBC Bitesize – Lots of free resources here with videos and quizzes, too.
6. Teachit – Free resources for KS3, 4 and 5 all following the English national curriculum.
7. Classroom Secrets – A range of free resources for primary school-aged children.
8. TTS – A choice of free workbooks for primary-aged children.
9. Emile – All resources made free during school closures.
10. Pobble 365 – One free resource every day of the year.
11. Purple Mash – Resources aimed at primary school-aged children.
12. Century Tech – English, maths and science resources for primary and secondary students.
13. Teacher’s Pet – Wide range of resources for primary pupils.
14. PebbleGo – You can find free packs for KS2 and 3 students on this resource website.
15. Duolingo – A free app for your phone for students to work on their language skills, or try a new language.
16. Memrise – Learn language through games and video clips on this online app.
Museums, art galleries, theatres and places of interest
17. The British Museum has made its online collections free to the public.
18. The Natural History Museum has free virtual tours.
19. The Tate Gallery has a 360-degree virtual tour online.
20. View the latest exhibitions at The National Gallery virtual tours.
21. The Vatican has opened up its digital tours so the Sistine Chapel can be viewed.
22. NASA Kids is perfect for space fans. Learn all about the universe we live in by viewing these online videos.
Podcasts and radio
23. BBC Teach podcasts for ages 3 and up.
24. GCSE podcasts collected for you on a range of subjects.
33. Google has launched Teach From Home in collaboration with the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE). Teach From Home is a central hub of information, tips, training and tools from across Google for Education to help teachers keep teaching, even when they aren’t in the classroom.
34. YouTube has Learn@Home, a website with learning resources and content for families – from popular learning channels such as Khan Academy, Sesame Street and code.org – for help with maths, science, history and arts. You can also visit the YouTube Learning destination for more videos and helpful resources.
35. BBC iPlayer has many educational and arts and culture videos available for free.
36. Carol Vorderman videos and worksheets for maths lessons.
37. Cartoon lessons on YouTube with Pete McKee.
38. Read Write Inc has its phonics videos on YouTube.
39. Joe Wicks – aka The Body Coach – is running PE Lessons for all ages.
40. Mr Bruff’s daily English lessons for GCSE students.
41. Coding for kids daily lessons.
42. Daily lessons including phonics on Twinkl TV.
43. English National Ballet with live ballet lessons.
44. Progressay is an online AI essay-marking programme for teachers and is free to use during school closures.
45. Minecraft: The Education Edition is popular with children already – these resources all have an educational purpose.
46. Schoolastic Book Club has free activities and games, mostly aimed at primary pupils.
47. Ideas for EYFS pupils or siblings from ABCdoes.
48. Look at nature all around the world with Explore.
49. Audible Stories has made all of its classic children’s stories free.
50. Watch science experiments with Colorado University.
51. Online physics demonstrations for students of all ages.
52. For music lovers, there is a 21-day free trial to learn an instrument with Prodigies Music.
53. Explore the world with videos capturing activity all over the planet with Project Explore.
54. Quaver Music has free school closure activities for students learning at home.
55. On Twitter, Patrick Stewart (@sirpatstew) is reading a sonnet a day.
56. Julie Dawn Cole, who played the original Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory(and Tes mental health columnist), is reading the book it was based on – Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – aloud one chapter a night at 6pm on her Facebook page.
57. Open Classrooms has free resources to help with teacher CPD and has a catalogue of hundreds of online courses.
58. Literacy Trust
61. Tutor Hunt Maths Games
FINDING GOOD BOOKS FOR READING
READING AND WRITING
Oldham Libraries – children and adults can still get FREE ebooks, audiobooks and magazines straight to a phone, laptop or tablet, as well as websites that can help with learning from home.
Join online today for instant download, you will get a temporary borrower ID http://tiny.cc/jointhelibrary
Login and from your account you can search the catalogue, and browse and download books using the library webpage today
Or download the BorrowBox, RB Digital and uLibrary Apps
BorrowBox for audio and ebooks
ULibrary for audiobooks
RB Digital for magazines, ebooks and audiobooks
If you or your child are already library members, we can help you login
- Forgotten number? We can find it
- Need help downloading books? We can help
- Overdue books? We don’t mind and we don’t fine
- Email email@example.com if you need any help!
Wellbeing for parents, children and staff