The pupil premium provides funding for children:
- Who have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) at any point in the past six years (£1320 per child)
- Who are eligible for the early years pupil premium grant (£300 per child)
- Who have been continuously looked after for the past six months (£2300 per child)
- Who have previously been in care and have been adopted or have a special guardianship order (£2300)
Schools are held accountable for the spending of these monies, performance tables will capture the achievement of disadvantaged children covered by the pupil premium.
Coppice Primary Academy is committed to providing effective resources and ensuring vital support is in place for our disadvantaged children to improve their academic outcomes.
Main contextual barriers for learning faced by children at Coppice Primary Academy:
- Limited life experiences and expectations on entry to Coppice and throughout their learning journey.
- Limited language and communication skills on entry to Coppice, which impacts on language attainment and access to the learning challenge curriculum.
- High deprivation 80-th – 100th percentile for deprivation (0.46 compared to national 0.24)
The focused priorities:
- To raise the attainment and accelerate progress for children in receipt of pupil premium (Early Years and Year 1 to Year 6)
- To raise the aspirations of children and parents in receipt of pupil premium.
- To improve the outcomes of high attaining children in sole receipt of pupil premium across the curriculum
- To improve the curriculum engagement, learning toolkit and aspirations for children in receipt of pupil premium
- To improve the attainment, progress and life chances of Looked after Children regardless of their starting point.
Coppice Pupil Premium Development Plan 2018 / 2019
Pupil Premium Impact Statement 2018 / 2019
Pupil Premium Development Plan 2018 / 2019
Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities Information Report 2019 / 2020
Pupil Premium Development Plan 2019 / 2020